In an effort to promote the website FreelanceArtProducer.com, we have started Freelance Friday. The purpose is to promote the freelancers on the site so as to gain more attention for them and the others trying to get hired. So, when a freelancer on the site provides us with a blog post, we will promote it on a Friday.
Today, we are featuring a regular contributor to our blog, Shena Hickman. If you don’t already know her, be sure to read on and check out her link! For more info on his career and experience check out her profile over on FreelanceArtProducer.com.
1. I’ve produced photo/content shoots in Moscow, Paris, Bordeaux, London, Manchester, Geneva, Davos, Weggis, Zurich, Dubai, Madrid, Cadiz, Barcelona, Vancouver, New York, Dallas, Nashville, Utah, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Las Vegas, Phoenix, New Orleans, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Detroit, Boston, Palm Springs and Philadelphia.
2. Over the past 20 years I have produced every type of photo shoot and CGI project you can think of. Only things left on my to do list are a TV Shoot and Film Production …
3. My Mom is a math teacher, hence my proclivity for numbers and budgets.
4. I began honing my negotiating skills at the age of 4. During the summer I would negotiate free penny candy and 5 cent popsicles from the local candy store.
5. I spent part of my childhood living in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands.
6. Growing up I was always my own fashion stylist. I never wanted my clothes to get dirty. My hair always had to be neatly styled. I always preferred a new, EXPENSIVE outfit over a toy.
7. I graduated from Drexel University in 1991 with a Bachelor of Science in Interior Design. OH and I took some business and photography classes too.
8. While at Drexel I was chosen to be in an advanced painting class. My oil painting teacher thought I was an exceptional painter. One of my paintings got shown in his NY art gallery. Who knew…
9. I am a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. It’s the first Greek-lettered sorority established and incorporated by African-American college women in 1908. I pledged the Gamma Epsilon Chapter on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania during my sophomore year at Drexel. In April, I celebrated my 27th year anniversary of membership. It’s a lifetime commitment that gives me tremendous feelings of pride and accomplishment.
10. I am a HUGE dog lover. I can’t imagine life without my sweet, clever Cockapoo- Willow.