As you may know, I host the weekly podcast, Dear Art Producer; sharing conversations with Art Producers in advertising. Our discussions are a great way for listeners to hear about what Art Producers think about when considering and working with photographers.
On occasion, I sit on the other side of the desk and appear on someone else’s podcast. I was recently the guest of Devil in the Details, hosted by photographer Adam Dillon where he asked me questions about what a rep does.
Listen to the episode where we cover, among other things:
- Photographer expectations when hiring a rep
- The importance of a strong reputation
- Photographer/rep timing
- The changing industry
- Career longevity
- Why I started Notes from the Reps Journal and Dear Art Producer
- Photographer misconceptions about having a rep
- A rep’s inventory
- Why new, relevant, work is so important
Thank you for hosting me Adam!